Website Xcel Energy
Performs welding of steel pipe for construction or repair on natural gas pipeline systems. Fabricates gas regulator stations, gas meter headers and fitting and fabrication of pre-designed meter sets.
- Must possess a current motor vehicle license.
- Candidate must be a Journeyman who is a certified welder under API Standard 1104, possess skills for downhill welding and certification of low/high hydrogen procedures.
- Candidate is subject to DOT drug and alcohol screening.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in gas distribution welding or equivalent, able to use a variety of hand tools, ability to demonstrate competency
- when using a cutting torch, must be self-motivated.
- Capable of welding on all Xcel Energy natural gas pressure systems up to and including the IP pressure system.
- High School Diploma
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A