Website Xcel Energy
The IT Manager is responsible for the on-time, on-budget delivery of an in-flight system implementation project to provide the Distribution Business with a Grid Visibility and Control (GV&C) solution. GV&C includes an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), ancillary systems, and integrations. The IT manager will have existing experience implementing Schneider Electric’s ADMS into a utility for the purpose of Distribution management and planning, SCADA, IVVO, and FLISR.
The IT Manager is responsible for leading a team in end-to-end lifecycle management of an assigned IT Portfolio capability. Accountable for planning, delivery and operation of services, products and processes, as well as people leadership and vendor management. They continuously innovate their product or service, and contribute to achieving IT and Enterprise Strategies and KPIs.
- Relationship Management: Understand the customers’ needs, and partner to deliver innovative solutions. Partner with Supply Chain, Finance, Enterprise Security, Audit/Compliance and other internal groups to drive results.
- Leadership: Lead and manage the performance and development of staff. Lead priorities and manage work performance of staff, vendors and contractors. Provide leadership as needed across multiple sites, and in alignment with Union or other contracts.
- Product Management: Ensure products and services operate in a lean, stable, and adaptable manner. Ensure product delivery and operation are cost effective and within budget.
- Operations Management: Drive ongoing improvements in IT operational performance. Proactively prevent, and support prompt restoration of service disruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to drive, adopt, and lead others through change in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a customer focus, problem solve, and drive continuous improvement to solutions, systems and processes.
- Exposure to Sourcing and Contract Management practices.
- Five years of prior people leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Proven ability to attain and hold in-depth acumen in business process, technical knowledge, and architectural topology.
- Ten years of experience with end-to-end service lifecycle, business process, project or product management.
- Experience with strategic planning, portfolio prioritization, delivery execution, and operations.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Experience working within a regulated industry Ability to deliver value in compliance with policies and regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience managing large complex IT/OT projects and budgets > $5M
- Experience in operational technology and real-time system
- Experience implementing Schneider Electric’s ADMS system
- IT/OT Experience within Transmission or Distribution organizations: EMS, ADMS, GIS, OMS, NERC CIP, SCADA
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A