Website Xcel Energy
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles operated by Xcel Energy Corp. This person will be working out of the Lubbock TX service center location. This includes preventive maintenance, minor and major repairs of cars, trucks, aerial devices, construction equipment and other types of equipment operated by the company. This position is a Monday-Friday shift.
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- High school diploma or GED
- Four years of experience in the automotive and/or truck maintenance and repair field
- Minimum requirements of 8 certifications from Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) for a Fleet Mechanic A (6 certifications are required for a Fleet Mechanic B)
- Included in these could be certifications from Fluid Power Society (FPS) or a State Welding certification
- Must have a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a DOT medical card (or the ability to obtain a Class A CDL within 120 days of employment)
- Must be willing to respond to after hour emergency work, call-outs and overtime as assigned
- Must have the fitness and ability to lift 50 lbs. Be able to work from elevated heights and off ladders
- Must be self-motivated and capable to work alone
- Must reside within 20 miles from the Lubbock, TX service center
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lubbock, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A