Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities for assigned functional area which includes monitoring daily productivity/output by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); in partnership with management, defines resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to meet business objectives. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement by monitoring SIMS/AS-400 system applications. Monitors team members’ productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed. Ensures compliance with all safety programs and ensures a strong culture of safety in their functional area.
- Supervises a group of Team Members in a designated functional area in the Distribution Center. Monitors team members’ productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed.
- Mentors team members through on-the-job training. May collaborate with DC Trainer on conducting new team member orientation, including completion of training checklists. Conducts 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Conducts MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure team member safety, address team member concerns, communicate essential information, and to enforce distribution center guidelines.
- Establishes and cultivates morale and engagement of team members. Encourages team member participation in workplace activities and events.
- Establishes and directs positive communication channels between cross-functional teams.
- Enters daily performance forecast into the DC productivity/efficiency report (E.g. DC Big Boy). Utilizes and updates system computer applications for proper operation and reports. Leverages all performance management, KPI, DC Balancing and Flow and other reports as applicable to manage daily DC functional area performance.
- Ensures compliance with all Centers of Excellence SOP’s for each applicable functional area.
- Advocates and actively participates in continuous improvement culture, particularly LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
- In collaboration with management, measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above required levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPI’s under their responsibility.
- Participates in administrative activities, which may include defining resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to meet business objectives. Assists in managing daily staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Walgreens and various government agencies concerning safety, environmental handling of products, packaging and any other related items.
- Bachelor’s degree at least 1 year experience working in a distribution center/production environment.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including coaching, mentoring, assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Intermediate to Advanced Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with SPC tracking, AS400, Sort View, or ISS.
- Experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- Experience analyzing operational reports.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing or logistics environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year experience in collaborating/leading team projects OR High School/GED and at least 4 years’ experience in collaborating/leading team projects OR High School/GED and United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience demonstrating leadership skills.
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.).
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- Experience in identifying operational issues, recommending, and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Volunteered for, and assumed, leadership opportunities on various DC committee has to develop leadership experience.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A