Website Valero Energy
Executes the day-to-day accounting and analysis activities which may include the Refinery’s financial planning, capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, problem resolution, Solomon reporting, assisting with complex agreements, financial and statistical reporting.
- Prepares analysis, which may include the Refinery’s financial planning, capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, financial and statistical reporting.
- Works with Project Engineering, Key Maintenance representatives, local Planning & Economics, Corporate Planning & Economics, Marketing &
- Supply and Refinery Operations groups as needed.
- Applies knowledge to solve problems across departmental lines.
- Prepares ad hoc analysis as requested by refinery and headquarters customers to aid in budget stewardship.
- Prepares refinery financial forecasts, results of operations, capital budget and expense budgets, prepares analysis of variances to plan, prepares
- Solomon survey as requested, preparation of various financial and operating statistical reports, headquarters accounting close support, and budget management support.
- Assists other staff members with complex agreements such as steam, refinery gas and electricity sales. Prepares accounting transactions as needed.
- Follows safety rules and procedures as set forth by the company.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of accounting experience required.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), theories, and ability to apply them to the Corporation’s accounting needs required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Experience in the refining and/or chemical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A