Univision Local Media Dallas is looking for a dynamic and creative Assignment Editor/Producer to join the #1 news team in North Texas. This position is responsible for sourcing great content, managing logistics for our live crews and creating and executing compelling newscasts. They will also identify and coordinate coverage of news breaking news, wires and social media. The ideal candidate must be able to identify and develop story ideas and concepts, as well as source material through social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions of special news programs. Field produce coverage and perform other duties as needed and directed by News Management. Our Assignment Editor/Producer is also responsible for gathering elements for coverage and managing the logistics for story shoots and execution. In addition to on-air responsibilities, our Assignment Editor/Producer will be responsible for publishing content to our digital platforms and maintaining our social media feeds. The ideal candidate will work with reporters, photographers, assignments desk, and editors in production of content; be responsible for contributing to story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements.
- Work with newsroom managers to assign stories and monitor story coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and maintain station’s social media accounts.
- Coordinate interviews and plan for future coverage and prioritized events.
- Capture video feeds from the field and assist editors with any troubleshooting needs.
- Take viewer calls and screen for potential stories.
- Research, write, and produce stories for air.
- Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
- This candidate should possess extensive experience in and proven strategies for sourcing and sharing content through social media.
- Assign and provide necessary information to crews.
- Line produce newscasts.
- Monitor for any potential breaking news, with clear understanding of how local, state and federal entities communicate through social media platforms.
- Ongoing duties include: building, writing, and editing newscast elements and content for our properties across platforms.
- Maintain constant and clear communication with producers, field crews and/or agencies – while obtaining and confirming information.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website.
- Four-year college degree/equivalent certificate from an accredited institution
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish
- Must be able to identify strong content on social media sites, and translate into on-air content
- Must be PC proficient – Word, Excel and Outlook, I-News software packages
- Newsroom systems, phones, fax, scanner, teleprompter, wire services, news feeds, and non-linear editing experience
- Must possess high ethical and journalistic standards
- Detail oriented with ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player with solid show/news content judgment
- Knowledge of the Hispanic community and traditions
- Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work at the UCI office in Dallas, Tx
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be willing to travel on an as needed basis
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
- Two years newsroom experience as a producer and/or assignment editor working in medium to large markets and proven ability to showcase a newscast
- Understanding and proven track record of social media presence and strategies
- Ideal candidate will also be able to maximize reach for audience, by creating unique posts on behalf of the station, to our station accounts
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A