Website United Airlines
This position develops, designs, implements and revises the flight attendant safety and regulatory training curricula to ensure compliance with FAA, TSA, DOT and other government regulations, corporate policy and department initiatives. Creates, designs and maintains the FAA, TSA mandated curriculum using an instructional system design methodology (ISDM) as required in FAA Advisory Circular AC 121-54A, Ch. 2, Sec. 3, 2-10, Instructional Systems Development Methodology Document.
- Provide technical and procedural leadership support on training subjects and issues to instructors.
- Develop and support annual Instructor/Evaluator training.
- Conduct regular classroom observations/audits to monitor instructor evaluations, conduct Line Check evaluations and provide supervisory
- Initial Training Operations support and instruction.
- Serve as project lead for special development projects and work cross-divisionally with Inflight Safety, Flight Operations Training and Airport Operations Training.
- Develop, maintain and incorporate safety and regulatory training curricula and soft skills training for flight attendants. Monitor and revise curriculum to ensure content accuracy and alignment with United flight attendant standards, policies and procedures.
- This includes flight attendant initial training, continuing qualification training, aircraft training and more.
- Some travel required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities independently, and work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills demonstrated by timely task completion and quality of deliverables
- Experience and working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and SharePoint
- Strong experience developing curriculum and high-level training plans for various learning modules (e.g., classroom lecture, PowerPoint, self-
- directed, drills, blended)
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3-5 years of demonstrated and successful instructional curriculum content and assessment experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and working knowledge of the FAA Advanced Qualification Programs
- Experience and working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations Part 121, specifically pertaining to crewmember responsibilities, procedures and training
- Programming utility software experiences in Web-based development knowledge and skills in XML, HTML, Adobe Creative Suites software
- Knowledge of ADDIE and a variety instructional design models and adult learning/training methodologies
- Experience in instruction and delivery
- Experience in applying adult learning theories and techniques
- Experience with content and learning management systems
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Instructional Design, Education, HR or related area or equivalent in education/experience
- Current or previous qualified flight attendant experience
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A