The Associate Category Merchant- Buy Side is responsible for managing Pack and Ship and Storage categories for Staples. This includes assortment planning, merchandise and vendor selection, negotiation, financial planning, inventory impact implications, distribution and vendor relations. With leadership guidance this individual will develop and execute on strategies for negotiating best costs while having a best in class assortment.
- Responsible for managing cost and hitting targets. Includes negotiating programs, adjusting assortment, and strategies to drive profitability while finding alternatives to cost and tariff inflation items.
- Gather and analyze data to showcase trends in the market to determine customer buying patterns.
- Manages category programs with all vendors. Responsible for delivering and tracking all vendor revenue and working with all business units and cross- functional partners to ensure program elements are executed upon.
- Responsible for selecting items and vendors. With leadership support negotiate with vendors for lower total delivered cost, volume incentives, rebates, advertising and other applicable allowances. Showcase assortment through annual Line Reviews on each category.
- Drive joint business planning meetings with top vendors in categories to drive strong partnerships and growth.
- Cross functionally collaborate with all Business Units to understand their unique customer needs and deliver an assortment and cost structure that meets those needs.
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs and shopping behavior as well as upcoming trends and brands in the marketplace.
- Interpret financial statements, total costs to NPD data, financials levers and metrics used in Merchandising to understand current and future trends. Identify exceptions and seek additional information when data discrepancies are found.
- General knowledge of industry trends, assortment planning, customer buying patterns, inventory management and logistics.Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Strong influencing, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years total experience in buying related functions (buying-Merchandising, Planning, Inventory management). Buying and Planning experience required
- PC literate with the ability to develop and manipulate spreadsheets with Excel.
- Pack & Ship category experience a plus
- Ability to build partnerships
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field of study
- Negotiation skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A