Website Spirit Airlines
This position is part of a twenty four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week AOG unit responsible for the procurement and distribution of aircraft materials, parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsibilities will include negotiating pricing for goods and services to ensure purchases are cost competitive and processing purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s), Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc. This is accomplished by working within the TRAX database and having a working knowledge of Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Engineering. The Buyer, AOG Logistics role has direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- In depth understanding of ERP systems such as TRAX, AMIS
- Prepare reports and review summary invoices for accuracy in order to correct discrepancies and ensure payment terms are met including charter aircraft and transportation invoices.
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, and shipping notices.
- Broad understanding of current contracts and how they apply to specific suppliers’ parts
- Evaluate vendors prices, quality, service and customer support.
- Material planning recommendations to Inventory Management.
- Maintain direct communication with direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Evaluate suppliers on price, quality, service and customer support, availability, reliability and selection.
- Process purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s),
- Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc.
- Ensure parts are expedited against open AOG orders from suppliers to ensure AOG orders are met.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Provide part status movement, alternative plans and other material issues as required.
- Communicate findings internally and externally, to the AOG Supervisor
- Knowledgeable on submitting and tracking purchase orders to approved suppliers
- Negotiate reductions based on the analysis of quotes
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive tasks and perform in stressful environment.
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Associate Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field with 1-2 years technical purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sense of financial responsibility.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license, good driving record, etc.
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A