Website Spirit Airlines
The Lead, Software Engineer requires advanced cross-functional knowledge from Software, Systems/Network, Quality and Support Engineering. The ideal candidate will take an investigative and automation approach to the configuration of systems that build, configure, deploy, scale and test applications that deliver quality business solutions. As an advocate of the Software Development Lifecycle the building, maintaining and support of the CI/CD systems, tooling, processes and people from the various teams that contribute to the delivery of software across Spirit Airlines. In addition to administering on premise technology, this position will participate in the creation and advancement of Spirit’s cloud/hybrid datacenter model.
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across the Spirit environment.
- Source control systems (TFS/GIT/VSTS)
- Schedule tasks and development related orchestration
- Monitoring Application Performance
- Responsible for Centralized Logging
- Advancement of Spirit’s cloud architecture.
- Building Physical/Cloud security encryption modules.
- Determine technologies used to build, deploy, and manage software development platforms.
- Lead design and architecture of cloud/hybrid development environment.
- Define, Estimate, Assign and Delivery of Individual Project Tasks
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in virtualized and containerized systems and tools.
- Capable of troubleshooting application and system issues.
- Experience with Team Foundation Studio (TFS), a plus.
- Experience working with AppDynamics and Splunk monitoring tools, a plus.
- Experience working with Navitaire or equivalent reservation system, a plus.
- Experience in writing software systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining high-traffic environments.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A