Website Spirit Airlines
This position is part of a twenty four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week AOG unit responsible for the procurement and distribution of aircraft materials, parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsibilities will include negotiating pricing for goods and services to ensure purchases are cost competitive and processing purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s), Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc. This is accomplished by working within the TRAX database and having a working knowledge of Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Engineering. The Buyer, AOG Logistics role has direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Negotiate reductions based on the analysis of quotes
- Maintain direct communication with direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Ensure parts are expedited against open AOG orders from suppliers to ensure AOG orders are met.
- Process purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s),
- Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc.
- Evaluate suppliers on price, quality, service and customer support, availability, reliability and selection.
- Provide part status movement, alternative plans and other material issues as required.
- Prepare reports and review summary invoices for accuracy in order to correct discrepancies and ensure payment terms are met including charter aircraft and transportation invoices.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- In depth understanding of ERP systems such as TRAX, AMIS
- Communicate findings internally and externally, to the AOG Supervisor
- Material planning recommendations to Inventory Management.
- Knowledgeable on submitting and tracking purchase orders to approved suppliers
- Broad understanding of current contracts and how they apply to specific suppliers’ parts
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, and shipping notices.
- Evaluate vendors prices, quality, service and customer support.
- Strong sense of financial responsibility.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license, good driving record, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive tasks and perform in stressful environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Associate Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field with 1-2 years technical purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A