Website Spirit Airlines
This position is part of a twenty four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week AOG unit responsible for the procurement and distribution of aircraft materials, parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsibilities will include negotiating pricing for goods and services to ensure purchases are cost competitive and processing purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s), Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc. This is accomplished by working within the TRAX database and having a working knowledge of Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Engineering. The Buyer, AOG Logistics role has direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Evaluate suppliers on price, quality, service and customer support, availability, reliability and selection.
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, and shipping notices.
- Provide part status movement, alternative plans and other material issues as required.
- Evaluate vendors prices, quality, service and customer support.
- Maintain direct communication with direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Prepare reports and review summary invoices for accuracy in order to correct discrepancies and ensure payment terms are met including charter aircraft and transportation invoices.
- Negotiate reductions based on the analysis of quotes
- Knowledgeable on submitting and tracking purchase orders to approved suppliers
- Communicate findings internally and externally, to the AOG Supervisor
- Broad understanding of current contracts and how they apply to specific suppliers’ parts
- Material planning recommendations to Inventory Management.
- In depth understanding of ERP systems such as TRAX, AMIS
- Ensure parts are expedited against open AOG orders from suppliers to ensure AOG orders are met.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Process purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s),
- Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive tasks and perform in stressful environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong sense of financial responsibility.
- Associate Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field with 1-2 years technical purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license, good driving record, etc.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A