Website Spirit Airlines
This position is part of a twenty four (24) hours, seven (7) days a week AOG unit responsible for the procurement and distribution of aircraft materials, parts, equipment, and supplies. Responsibilities will include negotiating pricing for goods and services to ensure purchases are cost competitive and processing purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s), Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc. This is accomplished by working within the TRAX database and having a working knowledge of Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and Engineering. The Buyer, AOG Logistics role has direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Provide technical training and on-site support to include: setup of training records, organization of station files in FLL, onsite training and practice sessions.
- Document and report behavioral/class disruptions/attendance issues to Training Management and Ramp Manager.
- Develop, maintain and deliver curriculum that includes lesson plans, new hire and recurrent training, regulatory and new product training. Maintain and teach over 35 different curriculums.
- Recognize and adapt practical instruction according to adult learning principles.
- Monitor Team Member participation and progress throughout the training event. Provide direct feedback and coaching for success.
- Complete recordkeeping (when not electronic) and ensure full compliance with all regulations.
- Process purchase orders for Aircraft and Engine parts in support of Spirit’s fleet requirements; including but not limited to: AOG(s), DMI(s),
- Scheduled Maintenance Events, Engineering Orders, etc.
- Evaluate suppliers on price, quality, service and customer support, availability, reliability and selection.
- Prepare reports and review summary invoices for accuracy in order to correct discrepancies and ensure payment terms are met including charter aircraft and transportation invoices.
- Ensure parts are expedited against open AOG orders from suppliers to ensure AOG orders are met.
- Maintain direct communication with direct communication with Maintenance Control regarding critical AOG purchase orders and other parts status.
- Provide part status movement, alternative plans and other material issues as required.
- Material planning recommendations to Inventory Management.
- In depth understanding of ERP systems such as TRAX, AMIS
- Knowledgeable on submitting and tracking purchase orders to approved suppliers
- Broad understanding of current contracts and how they apply to specific suppliers’ parts
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, and shipping notices.
- Evaluate vendors prices, quality, service and customer support.
- Communicate findings internally and externally, to the AOG Supervisor
- Negotiate reductions based on the analysis of quotes
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive tasks and perform in stressful environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong sense of financial responsibility.
- Associate Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field with 1-2 years technical purchasing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license, good driving record, etc.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A