Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Develop or approve detail program specifications.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Appropriately shares ideas and information with others.
- Practices attentive and active listening.
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
- Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
- Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place.
- Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms/architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
- Partners with other Technology Teammembers to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Proficient knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Able to analyze small to medium and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
Qualification & Experience:
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A