Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Regulatory Reporting: Preparation of reports to comply with regulatory requirements including but not limited to A4A, OSHA, and the Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS).
- Statistical Analysis: Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting Safety information to determine cause and affect relationships to develop qualitative and quantitative analyses, aimed at reducing damage to people, equipment, and brand.
- Manage implementation of small-to-medium analysis and reporting projects
- Data Reporting: Develop, maintain, and deliver daily, weekly, monthly, and annual statistical as well as ad hoc reports use for trend analysis to meet corporate and organizational needs and requirements.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Creates and presents standard reports, responds to queries for ad-hoc reports and forms theories, tests hypotheses, and finds patterns in the data. Capable of creatively presenting information and communicating both visually and verbally in the language of Safety to Stakeholders. Gleans actionable insight from the data, advises management on trends, and makes recommendation to improve business processes.
- Analyst, SIMS Analysis & Reporting performs the functions below:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as a Team Player
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Superior Customer Service and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with Internal Customers at all levels
- Provides friendly service and maintains positive relationships with all Internal and External Customers
- Must be able to understand airline operational, technical documents, and data
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work both independently and as a Team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to clearly and concisely present results of analysis
- Strong time management, organizational, and coordination skills including appropriate sense of urgency and proactive approach
- Highly flexible, ability to execute an adapt quickly to organizational and business changes
- Knowledge of data validation to ensure reporting quality standards are met
- Airline operational experience in maintenance, flight operations, ground operations, or related area preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel (e.g., PivotTables, Vlookups, developing macros, etc) and other analytical tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, or R)
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Strong analytic capabilities with ability to break down and analyze various types of data across the enterprise
- Provides Southwest Airlines Hospitality to ensure Employees and Customers feel welcomed, cared for, and appreciated
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year experience with relevant business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, R or similar) preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year experience with analyzing safety and/or airline data preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. College degree (specialization in aviation, engineering, and/or Safety preferred) or equivalent work experience of at least 3 years data analysis reporting.
- 1 year experience leading medium-to-large reporting and analysis projects required
- 2 years of experience in data reporting and trend analysis required
- 1 year experience with database management preferred
- 1 year experience with advanced Excel features (e.g., VBA, PivotTables, Power Pivot, etc.) required
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Naples, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A