Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Leads team to find best solution and offering thought leadership while ideating and challenging group think.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Understands and can estimate efforts and value for solutions accurately and consistently.
- Defines procedures, standards, measurements, accountability, and promotes quality and quantity of work.
- Level of escalation to identify problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions. Mentors on solutioning.
- Embodies Agile best practices and continuous improvement.
- Mentors Engineers on responding to production program issues and coaches on resolution.
- Develops, tests and operates end-to-end software solutions using machine learning, related optimization, and knowledge systems.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Leads testing and implement system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity and drives a results-oriented environment.
- Leads consistent forms of communication within teams while facilitating Tech sessions for updates and idea sharing.
- Measures and defines parameters for transitioning of features into a production environment.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of solutions while researching pros/cons of alternative options.
- Expert lead on production and testing to identify defects.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Partners, leads, and collaborates with all levels vertically from team-members up to Senior leaders.
- Communication with external parties and industry consortium to enhance knowledge and identify opportunities for teams.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and develops business cases for changes.
- Subject matter expert level influence for scope of solutions.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the mobile applications.
- Strong experience managing interchange of data between the server/users, translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code for visual elements of the application.
- Design of the overall architecture of the web/mobile application (iOS/Android) for IoT/distributed clients
- May require extended work hours per Leaders’ request.
- Able to lead multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Proactively shares knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Ability to lead ideating, presentations, mentoring and group-thinking sessions. Ability to influence without authority.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, negotiation skills, and execution in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and provides guidance to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 + years of experience with iOS and Xcode, C++, OpenGL, WebGL, Docker preferred.
- 5 + years’ work experience developing and supporting reusable iOS components preferred.
- Experience application performance optimization preferred.
- Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, OR equivalent formal training required.
- Experience in RESTful API based integrations preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- In-depth understanding of the iOS platform and its apps development ecosystem preferred.
- 5 Years Work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
- Experience working as part of Agile Scrum teams preferred.
- Proven ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ object-oriented design patterns preferred.
- 5 + years’ work experience developing and shipping high-quality iOS applications preferred.
- 5 + years of object oriented programming based development preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A