Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of solutions while researching pros/cons of alternative options.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Strong experience managing interchange of data between the server/users, translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code for visual elements of the application.
- Measures and defines parameters for transitioning of features into a production environment.
- Embodies Agile best practices and continuous improvement.
- Communication with external parties and industry consortium to enhance knowledge and identify opportunities for teams.
- Leads consistent forms of communication within teams while facilitating Tech sessions for updates and idea sharing.
- Leads testing and implement system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity and drives a results-oriented environment.
- Defines procedures, standards, measurements, accountability, and promotes quality and quantity of work.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Understands and can estimate efforts and value for solutions accurately and consistently.
- Partners, leads, and collaborates with all levels vertically from team-members up to Senior leaders.
- Design of the overall architecture of the web/mobile application (iOS/Android) for IoT/distributed clients
- Subject matter expert level influence for scope of solutions.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and develops business cases for changes.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Mentors Engineers on responding to production program issues and coaches on resolution.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Level of escalation to identify problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis; formulates and executes plans to develop solutions. Mentors on solutioning.
- Develops, tests and operates end-to-end software solutions using machine learning, related optimization, and knowledge systems.
- Leads team to find best solution and offering thought leadership while ideating and challenging group think.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the mobile applications.
- Expert lead on production and testing to identify defects.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Proactively shares knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, negotiation skills, and execution in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and provides guidance to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences.
- Able to lead multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Ability to lead ideating, presentations, mentoring and group-thinking sessions. Ability to influence without authority.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 Years Work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
- 5 + years’ work experience developing and shipping high-quality iOS applications preferred.
- 5 + years’ work experience developing and supporting reusable iOS components preferred.
- 5 + years of experience with iOS and Xcode, C++, OpenGL, WebGL, Docker preferred.
- 5 + years of object oriented programming based development preferred.
- Proven ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ object-oriented design patterns preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the iOS platform and its apps development ecosystem preferred.
- Experience in RESTful API based integrations preferred.
- Experience application performance optimization preferred.
- Experience working as part of Agile Scrum teams preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, OR equivalent formal training required.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A