Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Remains abreast of industry trends, enhances scope of how the trends affect the business and promotes plans to mitigate.
- Perform threat models and risk assessments to characterize the risk and severity posture of large-scale commercial or in-house enterprise applications
- Superior knowledge of Agile best practices, mentors and educates, while researching and innovating updates within methodologies.
- Conduct application security assessments and penetration tests (web, mobile, web service, etc.). These assessments involve manual testing and analysis as well as the use of automated application vulnerability scanning/testing tools and/or code review tools
- Identifies program issues and defines new parameters to reduce issues for future production.
- Estimates cost, effectiveness, and strengths/weakness of alternative solutions while evaluating market options.
- Communicate effectively with Senior Leaders and executives to understand business needs.
- Experience Writing security assessments and application threat profile reports
- Mastery expert and directs team on scope of solutions while leading and defining futuristic plans to prevent challenges.
- Expert communication within teams while mentoring on best practices, future initiatives, and communicates effectively to translate Technology information for non-technology leaders.
- Managing external vendors, learning from industry consortium and doing teach-backs to enhance team’s knowledge. Build network of communication with other companies for industry trends, knowledge sharing and driving innovation.
- Driving thought leadership among the team, while leading ideating sessions and encouraging group to think about future opportunities.
- Working knowledge of industry and commonly adopted secure standards, practices (e.g. applicable NIST standards, CIS, ISO, OWASP, SANS, BISMM, and CERT)
- Design Guru who will develop, tests, and operate end-to-end software solutions using machine learning, related optimization, and knowledge systems.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Experience programming and scripting and ability to develop or adapt custom tooling to solve new needs
- Mentors and coaches on identifying and reducing defects early in testing life-cycle. Testing Ninja that can train, provide insight on escalated testing, and streamline avenues in the future.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Experience performing baseline static/dynamic application security assessments (SAST/DAST) on new applications and changes to applications
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job.
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attack vectors and how to resolve them
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences. Ability to facilitate meetings with medium to large audience of peers.
- Attacker mindset: ability to think about creative threats and attack vectors
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time.
- Mastery of an object oriented programming language.
- Track and research the latest developments in vulnerability research
- Superior partnering, communication, negotiation skills, execution and lead in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Outstanding knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Ability to mentor and coach through challenges while implementing methods to reduce problems.
- Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between
- Able to implement standards to complete all administrative or project related tasks while researching innovative ways of completion and measuring success.
- Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job.
- Ability to present to Senior Leaders while making a business case for usage and effectiveness. Researching consistently for new and innovative ideas.
- Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years in application penetration testing preferred
- 5+ years of experience performing application security assessments and penetration tests via Web, Mobile, Web Service, and others preferred
- 5+ years of Cybersecurity experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 8 years of Minimum experience as a Software Engineer and business IT work experience, or equivalent formal training required
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), OR Offensive Security Web
- Expert (OSWE) preferred.
- Experience writing security assessment and application threat profile reports preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A