Website Southwest Airlines
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Provides technical guidance on principles and topics within Flight Operations Crew Planning and Scheduling.
- Creates and delivers presentations to Company leaders, Employees, and Unions.
- Drives operational and cost improvements for staffing, crew pairings, daily open time assignment, and irregular operations management.
- Identifies deficiencies with current analytics tools and develops working plans with Technology to correct these deficiencies.
- Conducts analysis on proposed work rule changes and supports Labor Relations with crew related data.
- Provides the research and analysis of trends, and the development of new processes/tools/reports to support greater efficiency for Flight Operations Crew Planning and Scheduling.
- May perform other job duties as directed by the Employee’s Leaders.
- Interfaces with and supports leaders in Crew Planning and Scheduling and other departmental Employees on a daily basis.
- Position will require occasional travel and irregular hours, sometimes more than 8 hours a day to support Crew Planning and Scheduling.
- Must have proven analytical and quantitative skills; experience with spreadsheets or other quantatative modeling.
- Ability to partner and work effectively with Managers and Directors to develop and implement Departmental and Company plans.
- Ability to properly manage highly sensitiveand confidential information.
- Must have extensive PC knowledge and skills.
- Proven ability in designing and conducting analyses, as well as synthesizing recommendations.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to large audiences including senior leadership and union leaders.
- Ability to contend with the range and complexity of large Departmental/ Business problems.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills.
- Must understand the Flight Operations organization, philosophies, and procedures.
- Must have a sound understanding of commercial airline operations.
- Must have strong analytical skills with investigative and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex issues in a structured and concise manner.
- Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and to provide direction in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a Team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with data analysis.
- Experience with databases and database reporting tools is requiered.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Proven experience in data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Experience using Tableau to visualize and summariza data is preferred.
- MS Access experience is requiered.
- College degree preferred
- Experience in airline operations is preferred.
- Experience using optimization software is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using advanced SQL is requiered.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is requiered, including: strong Excel experience (pivot tables, look up functions, etc.), MS Access (DB queries, etc.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A