The Virtualisation team require a Team Leader / Infrastructure Engineer to provide in-depth 24×7 operational support of a large Enterprise Virtualisation Platform of over 1950 ESX hosts and 37000 VM’s.
- Planning, Installation, Configuration and maintaining all VMWare environments
- Develop patch releases, use scripting and automation to enable efficient & consistent task completion, configuration checks & remediation and to provide rich reporting information.
- Manage people, tasks, planning and provide technical guidance.
- Improving and simplifying operational processes via automation
- Be involved in fault diagnosis and problem management
- Proactive management and monitoring & troubleshooting operational issues.
- Participate in the development and delivery of new virtualisation technologies;
- An understanding of a broad range of technologies such as Security, Windows Server, Linux, Databases, Kubernetes, DevOps etc
- Experience of managing a team, resource planning, vendor relationships, licencing and infrastructure lifecycles.
- Building effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that the technology meets the end customer requirements.
- Knowledge of NSX-T, virtual & physical core networking.
- An active interest in virtualisation technologies and participant in virtualisation communities.
- A strong VMware ESXi and vCenter experience as well as demonstrable evidence of participation in virtualisation deployment, delivery & troubleshooting.
- Good communication and relationship management skills in order to communicate in a clear and structured manner at peer levels within Sky.
- Knowledge of PowerCLI scripting & automation
- Experience of VSAN, VROPS, Log Insight
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A