As the Senior Insight Manager for segmentation within Strategic Insight, you will be responsible for ensuring the Consumer Group segmentation remains accurate, actionable and fit for purpose, allowing the marketing strategy team to help shape strategic decision making across the Group. You will be responsible for commissioning new segmentation research, related but not limited to the Consumer group segmentation, analysing Sky’s performance through the lens of the segmentation, whilst being the main point of contact for the Consumer Group in relation to segmentation queries and requests.
- Responsible for analysing datasets allowing us to review meaningful differences between segments and, also against other differing ways to segment the market
- Understand the individual research briefs, determine the best approach and methodology, and commission / manage the appropriate research projects required to uncover new insights
- Support the Marketing Strategy on continuing to stress-test our segmentation capabilities ensuring it continue to serve the needs of the markets we operate in now, and in the future
- Work with the Marketing Strategy team to understand and prioritise the segmentation insights roadmap for the
- Consumer Group; including research related to RTB testing, offers testing, positioning research
- Undertake periodic (quarterly/annual) deep dives to assess Sky’s end-to-end performance through the lens of the segmentation, highlighting key trends, observations and findings
- Field Ad Hoc requests from across the Consumer Group in terms of requests for insights and data related to the segmentation
- Develop self-serve capabilities to empower teams to be able to intuitively access the latest information and data related to the insights
- Ensure the segmentation continues to provide an accurate perspective on the market, ensuring regular updates to headroom and customer volume sizing, demographic profiling, competitor penetration; etc
- Highley numerate: The ability to manipulate and analyse large datasets into a digestible insight, advanced Excel essential and basic SQL preferable.
- Extensive experience in an insights role with specific experience in delivering market segmentations
- Commerciality: Ability to link external insights back to Sky’s commercial and marketing priorities
- Worked in a dynamic environment: Enjoys working in an innovative and creative environment. Able to deliver big picture benefits and make careful and swift prioritisation calls.
- Insights Generation: Able to use multiple data sources to produce a compelling and persuasive story
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal skills. Be able to produce and present PowerPoint decks suitable for senior level stakeholders
- A keen interest in insight storytelling and driving insight engagement
- Influencing: Able to work well with a range of stakeholders and build/ maintain strong relationship as business partners and trusted advisors
- A natural and experienced insight professional who blends pro-activity with commerciality, insight generation and excellent communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Derby, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A