Our technology team works fast and works smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. And we have fun doing it. This group of motivated self-starters and true team players is absolutely integral to our future success. We’re always looking to connect with passionate and fearless teammates, we urge you to submit your resume for future consideration.
As a Senior Manager, Engineering you will be responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Retail Engineering teams. You and your team will focus on applications used by the stores such as the Communication Platform, Intranet, Task management, Labor planning, Forecasting and Scheduling, Administration and Reporting among other critical retail systems. You will Strive for the success of all Sephora’s store systems projects in ensuring 100% customer (stores) satisfaction. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will play a major role in transforming the in stores applications for Sephora. In addition, you will:
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams consistently and transparently.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of Retail Projects starting from inception to completion, ensuring that they fall within budget and on schedule.
- Interface and communicate with Development and QA teams, Product Managers and Customer support teams on a daily basis.
- Train both new and current employees, as well as implement processes and procedures to keep the team running efficiently; i.e. provide guidance for all members of the team when it comes to designing, implementing, and updating software.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Drive visibility and transparency of dates, upcoming milestones and release dates throughout the Sprint development process.
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution while constantly evaluating company platforms and networks and searching for ways to improve them.
- Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services.
- Interact with all third parties (vendor management), build relationships, expertise and help deliver the quality products to the end consumers.
- Analyze the big picture and make tactical decisions supporting the strategic direction of Sephora, IT and the Retail Engineering team.
- Provide the technology roadmap, standards and processes and best practices in the areas previously named.
- Work with cross functional team’s technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills as you will be attending regular meetings with stakeholders; providing feedback and status updates.
- Prior programming skills with at least one of the following programming languages (Java, .Net, Ruby, PHP, Python) is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience managing engineering teams including direct people management experience with direct reports.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and developing software applications and leading teams.
- Be a quick thinker with the ability to resolve and all problems that may arise in a timely manner.
- Retail experience is a plus.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A