The incumbent will support the Director & Team Lead in identifying high net worth prospects with complex lending needs in target markets, developing acquisition strategies,
growing relationships, maintaining a sustainable prospect sales pipeline, conducting sales calls and qualification of opportunities based on customer information and due diligence.
- Manage a Portfolio of Clients and Risk Mitigation by:
- Working directly with credit partners on lending, negotiate standard Bank terms, conditions, structuring fees, interest rates and documentation.
- Providing relationship banking and the highest quality of administrative support to a portfolio of complex, high net worth clients.
- Using knowledge of Scotiabank’s diverse products and services to anticipate client needs and proactively deliver solutions through referrals to other Bank partners.
- Managing client relationships to ensure that credit facilities and accounts are operating satisfactorily.
- Proactively identifying and mitigating problem loans, including bringing potential problems under correspondence as soon as identified.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of commercial lending experience and 10 years banking experience
- University or community college degree preferred
- Must have a good understanding of relatively complex tax, estate and financial planning and investment vehicles
- Must be able to relate comfortably with affluent and influential clientele in both business and social situations
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of poise and professionalism at all times
- The successful completion of a course of study that will enable registration with the appropriate provincial securities commission to obtain a license to sell mutual funds; PFP designation (ICB Certificate of Achievement – Advanced Personal Finance in Quebec) or Bank recognized equivalent
- Knowledge or previous exposure to customized lending is an asset
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A