Website Royal Mail
Analyse, contain and manage security incidents in line with good practice and applicable legal, regulatory and contractual obligations
- Incident Response: Take a leading role in security incident management activities operating with limited oversight.
- Threat Hunting: During down time act in a threat hunting capacity within a small team
- Tooling: Help identify and deploy requisite security incident handling tools to maximize response capabilities
- Documentation: Help review, improve, maintain, implement and embed into the organization effective security incident handling processes and procedures
- Stakeholder Management. Liaise closely with RMG technology teams to ensure the correct response and remediation of security incident
- Incident Preparation: Help ensure that RMG Security Operations is ready and able to support the organization during incident response events.
- Reporting. Help to develop and present appropriate incident management reports KPI, KRI and other requisite reporting to the Head of
- Security Operations and act as an SME for projects and initiatives relevant to the role.
- Supplier Management. Liaise closely with RMG third party suppliers to ensure the correct response and remediation of security incidents
- Reports to: SOC Team Lead (Grade 7)
- 2 years plus as a Security Incident Responder within a large, complex and technologically diverse organisation.
- Calmness under pressure. A cool head required to think clearly under pressure and to make good timely decisions whilst keeping in pace with the emerging picture as it applies to RMG’s business risk appetite and context. Must be able to inspire confidence at senior levels of the firm and demonstrate control of events.
- Some experience of threat hunting practices, tools and procedures
- Incident Response Skills. Demonstrable security incident response, investigative and analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture and apply the relevant detail to it. Ability to cut through the noise and working within a team environment provide clear and appropriate recommendations and direction at pace and under stress.
- Communications Skills. Demonstrable ability to clearly represent the implication of threats and risks to the business in both verbal, written, and presentational form and to make recommendations for action that enable senior leaders to take difficult decisions Clear ability to innovate and tailor messaging and delivery methods for different audiences.
- Computer Science or Cyber Security Degree or equivalent experience
- Technical and professional qualifications relevant to security
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chesterfield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A