Website Rite Aid
As a Pharmacy Technician, you are a vital part of our wellness store team that is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and the care and service provided to our customers/patients. . The role of community pharmacies in the health care industry continues to evolve as does the role of the Pharmacy Technician. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Pharmacy department.
- Assist in the administration of Rite Aid programs including: Immunizations, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Customer Loyalty programs, etc.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory, create prescription labels, adhere labels to prescription containers and place medication into prescription containers.
- Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law
- Assist in inventory and pharmacy management processes including: paperwork, order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Engage with customers in a friendly and efficient manner while collecting customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- Ability to meet minimum age and other requirements as set forth in state law.
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- The above information represents a summary of the functions and requirements of this position. Additional details are available on the full job description.
- Pharmacy Technician experience or education required.
- Retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A