Website Queens University
Working in collaboration with the VPTL the Manager facilitates the work of a wide variety of committees chaired by the VPTL, including but not limited to, the Senate Committees responsible for the academic development for new and existing programs of the university, the cyclical program review process for academic programs at the university, and academic integrity related committees. The Manager works closely with key stakeholders to respond to changing needs, account for current best practices and assure the quality of academic programs offered by the university. Committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Indigeneity the Manager interacts with senior administrators to facilitate an appropriate flow of information between the Office of the Provost and VPA, the Office of the VPTL and various internal and external stakeholders and provides advice and mentorship to colleagues throughout the portfolio on Senate processes and academic policy development.
- Provides expert advice to the VPTL and other senior administrators regarding academic initiatives including academic integrity, establishment of new academic programs and the review of existing academic programs.
- Leads policy implementation and the transition of provincial quality assurance standards for undergraduate and graduate programs, including procedures for new programs, review procedures for existing programs, and guidelines for the institutional audit process.
- Leads in the planning and preparation of regular submissions to the Provincial Government to secure funding for new undergraduate and graduate programs; gathers internal information and determines final submission based on understanding and interpretation of government policies and reporting requirements.
- Oversees the development and implementation of academic integrity policies and processes in consultation with the VPTL; leads the coordination of academic integrity policies and practices with faculties on behalf of the VPTL. Works closely with the Senate Academic Integrity committees and sub-committees on matters of academic integrity and procedures.
- Oversees the facilitation and project management of senior level academic-related standing committees led by the VPTL, liaising with other senior offices, developing agendas, maintaining records and minutes and following up on action items to ensure timely completion.
- A thorough working knowledge of post-secondary governance, policies and procedures, academic programs and regulations. Prior experience in public sector policy development, governance or academic integrity is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills including superb organizational and writing skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, strong leadership and team development skills.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and operational support.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in post-secondary education in planning, research and administration.
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably at the honours level. Master’s degree considered an asset.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A