Website Queens University
Reporting to the assigned Area Manager, trades, the Controls Mechanic will trouble shoot HVAC control issues and implement building automation system (BAS) control changes to further improve the operations and efficiency of the 100+ buildings on Queen’s University’s campus. The HVAC system generally consists of air handling units, boilers, steam-water converters, chillers, valves, pumps, drives, variable air volume boxes, and instrumentation equipment.
- Document and manage workflow through the computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Calibrate, commission, configure, install, and troubleshoot fume Hoods, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and analytical instrumentation devices.
- Work with Store Personnel to obtain and document required parts and supplies.
- Utilize computers and computer-controlled systems: Siemens, Delta, Automated Logic, etc.
- Be a positive team member, who recognizes the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Install, maintain and configure control and process systems.
- Respond to assigned service requests and perform preventative maintenance routines on building control systems.
- Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its applicable regulations as well as adhering to Queen’s and PPS
- Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Be accountable for timely and effective completion of assigned tasks.
- Must be conversant with computers and computer-controlled systems.
- Ability to effectively carry out tasks of the trade in an effectively and timely way.
- Possess valid Ontario Class G driver’s license, required.
- Several years of relevant trades experience in a commercial, construction or industrial setting.
- Ability to work in a respectful way with others in the workplace.
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Accredited Instrumentation Engineering Technology diploma from a community college, required.
- Knowledge of applicable municipal and provincial codes and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of the occupational hazards of trades work and of the necessary safety precautions. Ability to follow safe working procedures in accordance with applicable safety policy, procedures and regulations.
- Understanding of electrical theory, instrumentation theory, and process control fundamentals.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A