Website Queens University
As a member of the business analysis team, you have an eye for process improvements and recognized skill at implementing new applications and assisting clients to adapt to process changes. You will use your research and analysis skills to bring value and understanding to process re-engineering efforts. You will lead discovery and process review sessions with key stakeholders, review existing tools, and evaluate new approaches and technologies that address the needs of a diverse client base. Several transformative projects are in discussion, or underway, where your business analysis expertise will contribute to their success. These projects include the implementation of an attendance management system, a benefits administration system, a job evaluation system and a distributed data entry environment.
- Creates business requirements documents to be shared with key stakeholders and project team members that include aspects of regulatory, business, end-user, functional or non-functional requirements and provides insight into both the current and future state requirements.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to address information systems changes to meet current and future business requirements.
- Creates multi-level test scenarios by designing test scripts, test plans and test scenarios that test outcomes to validate whether requirements have been met.
- Uses structured analysis, including process models, data models and workflow models to support and enhance requirements, to document and communicate requirements and to organize information and recommendations into coherent ideas.
- Elicits, edits, analyzes and documents requirements to ensure business needs are met, includes brainstorming, documenting and interface analysis, and conducting interviews, focus groups or requirements gathering workshops.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes. Facilitates business review sessions. Performs cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed changes.
- Prepares written proposals of recommendations and presents to business stakeholders.
- Completes detailed system functional specifications for reports, interfaces, conversions, modifications, customizations or extensions.
- University degree in computer science, information management or business administration combined with a minimum five years experience with administrative information systems (ERP/PeopleSoft experience considered an asset).
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis discipline (CCBA or CBAP certification is an asset).
- Minimum five years experience documenting business processes and with technical requirements analysis. Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting business processes/functions and process modeling/mapping.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people, projects, and applications to identify and bring together multiple information sources in a clear, consistent, valid and understandable format.
- Project management skills/certification considered an asset.
- Experience using and implementing online applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A