Website Queens University
Reporting to the assigned Area Manager, trades, the Controls Mechanic will trouble shoot HVAC control issues and implement building automation system (BAS) control changes to further improve the operations and efficiency of the 100+ buildings on Queen’s University’s campus. The HVAC system generally consists of air handling units, boilers, steam-water converters, chillers, valves, pumps, drives, variable air volume boxes, and instrumentation equipment.
- Respond to assigned service requests and perform preventative maintenance routines on building control systems.
- Utilize computers and computer-controlled systems: Siemens, Delta, Automated Logic, etc.
- Be accountable for timely and effective completion of assigned tasks.
- Be a positive team member, who recognizes the value of diversity in the workplace.
- Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its applicable regulations as well as adhering to Queen’s and PPS Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Work with Store Personnel to obtain and document required parts and supplies.
- Install, maintain and configure control and process systems.
- Calibrate, commission, configure, install, and troubleshoot fume Hoods, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical, and analytical instrumentation devices.
- Document and manage workflow through the computerized Maintenance Management System.
Qualification & Experience:
- Sound knowledge of the occupational hazards of trades work and of the necessary safety precautions. Ability to follow safe working procedures in accordance with applicable safety policy, procedures and regulations.
- Possess valid Ontario Class G driver’s license, required.
- Ability to effectively carry out tasks of the trade in an effectively and timely way.
- Accredited Instrumentation Engineering Technology diploma from a community college, required.
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Ability to work within the operational and safety policies and procedures of PPS.
- Knowledge of applicable municipal and provincial codes and regulations.
- Several years of relevant trades experience in a commercial, construction or industrial setting.
- Ability to work effectively independently and efficiently with other trades and university staff and students.
- Ability to work in a respectful way with others in the workplace.
- Understanding of electrical theory, instrumentation theory, and process control fundamentals.
- Must be conversant with computers and computer-controlled systems.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A