Website Queens University
The IRP team is at the heart of decision making at Queen’s University, and has a direct impact on the student experience and bottom line of the institution. This position offers the opportunity for someone with strong statistical programming skills, and who is interested in data analytics, to join and learn from a team of experienced IRP professionals who are doing work that matters to Queen’s. The IRP team is very collaborative, making this a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a team environment and developing great working relationships at their workplace
- Follow professional standards in the handling and reporting of highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Collect, clean and merge data from central administrative systems (PeopleSoft, Relational Databases) survey response files, other universities and university consortia and government agencies into data sets maintained by OIRP.
- Develop, organize, and maintain datasets and databases that serve as the master data record for strategic analyses, including integrating data, monitoring data integrity, and standardizing data elements and definitions.
- Undertake research and analysis projects with practical support and supervision.
- Support the development of planning processes, techniques and practices and participate in institutional planning activities.
- Monitor changes to applications and systems related to assigned projects and ensure updates and changes to any applications meet data collection and reporting needs.
- Develop, test, implement, maintain and document code for projects and analyses using various statistical programming languages: R, SAS, SPSS, Python.
- Recommend changes to methods and projects to improve data integrity and quality or improve processes.
- Curiosity and initiative to search out new data sources, analysis methods and applications.
- Familiarity with strategies for improving processes – eliminating or consolidating process steps, reducing elapsed time and eliminating waste.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including project/program documentation, technical presentation and reporting writing.
- Proactive, self motivated, resourceful, and results driven, with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem-solving skills, with an ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate complex data/information and make recommendations.
- An undergraduate degree in a discipline or professional program involving statistics, research methodology and statistical computing.
- Familiarity with SQL or query writing with PeopleSoft or another enterprise system.
- Experience with various analytical tools in support of information analysis and reporting, such as SAS, R, PeopleSoft Query, Excel, Tableau and other appropriate software and improvements as technologies evolve.
- An ability to quickly acquire knowledge of complex administrative structures and processes.
- A minimum of three years of experience (or a combination of education and experience) with exposure to and familiarity with applied research, statistical/analytical software, mainframe administrative systems, database systems, and research design/project management.
Company: Queens University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Kingston, CA
Application Deadline: N/A