Provides optimal guest experience services. Assists guests in the proper selection of merchandise in accordance with their identified needs. Demonstrates a high level of interest in the welfare, health, and proper handling of all animals. Performs cashiering duties. Performs related duties in support of the store attaining its assigned sales goal. Ensures merchandise is properly stocked and priced. Adheres to established operational guidelines and store policies and procedures. Evaluates guest inquiries and as needed refers to Guest Experience Leader and/or Leader on Duty.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with an emphasis on company interests.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to established standards.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip. Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean, safe, and secure, and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health..
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. A qualified applicant will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the areas of mathematics, and above average communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A