Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matterexpert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness. The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder’ and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
- Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costswithin the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendlyhotels, etc.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the workarea.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engagewith customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products,services and pricing via the telephone.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periodsof time.
- High school diploma or GED is generally preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in providing the publicinformation in the animal nutrition, care/wellness/treatment knowledgeareas is required.
- A minimum of one year in a retail environment is highly preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet.
- Must be proficient in the use of the PETCO PetNet and have the ability to access product information using the POLARIS system.
- Must be certified on all 4 Companion Animal Departments.
- Must be Nutrition certified.
- Must be PIJAC certified (California only).
- Have thorough understanding of all aspects of Pet Services to include:
- Knowledge of the grooming salon program certification (PETCO Promise, Pet Stylist Mentor Program, Canine Heritage Breed Test, Pet First Aid.)
- Familiarity with the dog training class offerings and the store’s dog training schedule.
- Familiarity with the store’s photography and vaccination schedule.
- Previous PETCO experience preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A