Website New Look
The post holder is responsible for the day to day management of internal audit services across the organisation, including:
- To be responsible for the management of the annual internal audit plan, as agreed by the Audit Committee, in accordance with the Code of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors (the Standards) and New Look organisation policy.
- Provide a professional and objective internal audit and consultancy service to the business on the full range of assurance matters and be responsible for the execution of financial and operational audits, reviews and special projects.
- To work closely with the Risk Manager in respect of the Risk Management Strategy and annual work programme to ensure this aligns to the audit activity.
- To lead audit reviews and set the standard for their delivery, meeting with the client manager to discuss the objectives and scope.
- To ensure an appropriate Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Programme is maintained,
- To manage 3rd party internal auditors, including co-sourced audit resources in the completion of audit reviews. This includes monitoring performance and quality, providing advice and guidance as required. The postholder will be required to manage and conduct audits to work globally for New Look.
- To ensure all audits are completed in accordance with the Code of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors (the Standards) and New Look organisation policy.
- To ensure the design and completion of all aspects of the audit process, including the design of appropriate tests in respect of every audit to a standard determined by the organisation.
- To ensure a draft report is produced in respect of every audit undertaken and within a timescale agreed by the client manager. To ensure that recommendations in audit reports are agreed with client managers including implementation dates of same.
- To lead for all levels of management as required with regard to the audit process including agreeing recommendations in reports with client managers and agreeing implementation dates of same.
- To provide advice to managers as required on the management of their risks.
- To carry out follow up reviews to ensure compliance with previously agreed recommendations.
- To conduct any reviews or investigations as required into matters of fraud or irregularity, working with colleagues and external organisations as required.
- To report on a half yearly basis to the Audit Committee, to include providing an annual opinion over assurance, level of controls and risk management across New Look. To support the Audit Committee regarding queries relating to internal audit matters.
- Additional duties reasonably required of the role.
- CMIIA/PIIA/CIA qualified.
- Extensive experience in similar internal audit management role in a large, preferably global organisation.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and commitment to learning.
- Suitable degree level qualification preferred in a related business discipline or a recognised professional qualification in business and risk management.
- Essential skills/knowledge
- Ability to complete internal audit work to a high professional standard, in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade managers, staff and partner organisations.
- Good communications skills in order to convince managers of the need to improve their control frameworks.
Company: New Look
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A