As a result of growth, we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team, located at our Head Office in Thornbury, Bradford. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, ideally practice trained, with excellent attention to detail and well-developed communication and interpersonal abilities. As part of our finance team, supporting a FTSE 100 business, there are a variety of roles available, from our commercial roles to our technical group finance roles. Above all, you’ll work closely with the business, influence decisions and support exciting projects.
Our Finance Manager role leads a team to manage and produce accurate and timely management accounts & information, annual budgets and analysis during the financial year. The Finance Manager networks with stakeholders across the business to ensure they are informed about the profit and cost drivers in their respective business areas, whilst improving processes and taking opportunities to speed up and simplify tasks.
- Working with a specific business area to build budgets for key financial metrics, ensuring these are understood and providing challenge and action plans when they are not met.
- Continually focusing on simplifying and improving processes.
- Role modeling key behaviours
- Providing direction and development to direct reports, managing performance and prioritising deliverables
- Ensuring delivery is in line with operational and financial controls.
- Consulting with senior management to understand business requirements and identify opportunities to speed up and simplify, offering robust solutions
- Proactively identify financial risks and opportunities for departments so that stakeholders can respond
- Planning and managing financial processes, ensuring compliance with controls, providing challenge to ensure accurate and value add output.
- Understanding the current trading environment, investigating and articulating the short term and long term implications of any changes.
- Creating a continuous improvement culture to focus on service, costs, cash flow by involving colleagues in joint problem solving.
- Leading and delivering change activity focused on improving sales, service, profitability and cash.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, to understand and meet their needs
- Championing the customer and fostering this environment in your team
So that you are set for success, we are looking for a self-starter, who is an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence at all levels. You will work as part of a versatile team with a can-do culture, so it’s important that you are tenacious and committed to providing an outstanding service. You will also have:
- A professional qualification of CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Significant commercial and financial understanding
- A proven track record in a similar role
- An ability to deliver in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of motivating and coaching others to succeed
- The ability to manage stakeholders effectively and engage well
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A