Website Ministry of Justice
We have teams of press officers on specialist desks taking the initiative and seeking imaginative ways to generate positive, informed media coverage. They are complemented by a planning team liaising with No.10, coordinating announcements and horizon scanning; and a dedicated reactive newsdesk that responds to breaking news stories, manages interview bids and briefs regional, national and specialist journalists on key issues leading the news each day.
- Effectively manage and develop a small team that plans and co-ordinates the department’s day-to-day and long-term announcements.
- Work closely with ministers, private office, special advisors to negotiate the best slots for announcements and ensuring our weekly grids, which
- keep Ministers and colleagues informed of our upcoming announcements.
- Represent the department at the weekly No 10 planning meeting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Ministers, private offices, special advisers, senior officials, stakeholders and OGDs.
- Work effectively with press office and wider communications colleagues so media handling plans fit with our wider communications strategies.
- You will have a sharp news sense, excellent judgement, strong political savvy and outstanding media skills, gained from working in a communications environment.
- The ability to build effective relationships, influence others and negotiate diplomatically, is essential. You should have the confidence and ability to deal with senior officials, Ministers and special advisers and get them on board with our plans, so we can deliver the best comms results for the department.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A