The Controls Engineering Technical Manager is a working manager responsible for technical control systems support related to new product launches, new capital equipment projects, product line moves, in-source of subcontracted products, and production line efficiency improvements. Additionally, direct or indirect supervision and development of electrical technician(s) may be required.
- Provide technical controls and electronic support to meet new product launch requirements
- Decrease overall time and costs associated with new product launches by reducing reliance on vendor resources related to control systems.
- Provide technical guidance on new capital investments to maximize utility and ROI
- Identify and implement projects that will improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) of existing in-house equipment.
- Mentor, through direct or indirect supervision, electronic technicians.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related technical field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in controls for automation, in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with the operation, validation, and troubleshooting of automation safety systems.
- Skilled with development, programming, modification, and maintenance of PLC’s for manufacturing automation. Knowledge of Allen Bradly systems is desirable.
- Experience with development, programming, modification, and maintenance of Human Machine Interface (HMI) for manufacturing automation.
- Skilled with Robotic specification, programming, integration and the establishment of Nominal Value Settings; Knowledge of Fanuc brand robotics is desirable.
- Experience with integrating and maintaining Vision Inspection systems and establishing Nominal Value Settings for said inspection systems.
- Knowledge of Keyence brand vision systems id desirable.
- Strong Knowledge of machine automation control architecture including control panel layouts, wiring schematics, and sensor types (i.e. PNP vs NPN).
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving ability. Able to think objectively through various options and scenarios and formulate cost effective solutions to execute a manufacturing strategy.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A