An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Model Risk and Validation team (formerly RMAT) in Risk. The role will give you responsibility for independent model review and validation, primarily for Credit Risk models across the Retail Division including, mortgages, loans, credit cards, current accounts, and motor finance. You’ll also enjoy a degree of flexibility to work across the other MRAV teams. The scope of models is wide and covers Operational scorecards, Regulatory models (CRDiv), Impairment (IFRS9), Pricing, Stress Testing and Forecasting and Fraud.
This is a superb opportunity to develop areas of knowledge relating to the Group’s modelling capability and build a strong network of contacts.
The role allows candidates to utilise their specific areas of modelling interest whilst building on areas less familiar, developing a complete model experience in a fraction of the time that other routes (such as model building) would allow.
- Provide support with independent reviews of all aspects of Retail Credit Risk models, including new developments, model changes and periodic validation recommending for approval
- Presentation of independent model review of Retail Credit Risk Models to senior members of the team and Personal Approver
- Develop and enhance knowledge of model risk and regulatory requirements and standards e.g. CRDIV and IFRS9 pertaining to risk models
- Engagement with colleagues across the Group to maintain relationships, influence decision makers and challenge constructively
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualifications: you’ll be highly numerate, with at least a degree level qualification covering quantitative content e.g. mathematics, physics or equivalent skills derived from experience
- Experience of model build techniques e.g. regression within a financial services organisation
- Judgement: Ability to make sound model judgements, taking into account model performance and regulation
- Industry Knowledge: An understanding of modelling techniques and an awareness of current and future regulatory changes that may impact the Group
- Business Knowledge: Awareness of the business and associated risk management approaches sufficient to understand models in the context of the business
- Business Partnering: Building effective relationship management, whereby constructive challenge is undertaken in a timely and orderly fashion
- Influence: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, across peer stakeholder groups
- Drive and Delivery: Ability to overcome challenges to deliver business results
- Integrity: Has ethics and integrity at the heart of every decision, and creates an environment that encourages high performance, openness, honesty and integrity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A