The Manager, Payroll Tax & Accounting is responsible for payroll related accounting, reporting and tax functions, including performing general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations, payroll tax compliance and reconciliation with our third party tax provider, budget to actual payroll expense analysis and managing all payroll reporting and analysis requests. The Manager is also responsible for all payroll-related systems and includes primary responsibility for future system upgrades, process enhancements, and data maintenance. This position works closely with the entire Payroll operations team, IT, People/HR, Accounting and Finance and manages the relationship with our third party tax reporting provider.
- Responsible for payroll postings to the general ledger and monthly accounting accruals
- Ensure timely General Ledger account reconciliations, including all payroll taxes, profit sharing, paid time off, salaries & wages and bonus
- Ensure payroll tax filings are timely and accurately prepared by third party provider, including annual W-2s
- Analysis of actual payroll expenses, including comparison to budget and forecast
- Manage all payroll reporting to support analysis for other departments, government audits, and other third party requests.
- Create and maintain bonus, Paid Time Off and payroll tax forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll and equity tax regulations, including conducting any necessary tax research
- Manage the accounting and taxation of all international payrolls
- Seek and take advantage of any payroll related tax credits
- Participate in the review of compensation plans and agreements to ensure IRS compliance
- Manage payroll software system functionality and configuration by ensuring future upgrades and defects are timely implemented and properly tested prior to entering the production environment
- Responsible for other payroll-related systems and interfaces
- Manage SAP and Datamatics support, implementation, enhancements and training and development
- Strong coordination with entire Payroll team, IT, People.HR, Tax, Accounting and Finance
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, providing audit deliverables as needed.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls; document and develop new procedures when required
- Manage a team of analysts/accountants.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Five (5) years of practical experience in Payroll, Human Resources, Accounting, or Systems
- Current knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll/income tax law
- Understanding of internal controls, payroll accounting and reconciliations
- Ability to research payroll tax related changes
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, with a high emphasis on excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A