The Director of IT Cloud Engineering & Operations is responsible for creating, managing and supporting cloud computing infrastructure for JetBlue. The software portfolio includes both custom and package applications that employ cutting edge technologies and practices to JetBlue’s business units (Operations, Revenue and Support). Work with IT Enterprise Architecture Team, Infrastructure operations team, Security operations team, Development team and CISO team to create and maintain a cutting-edge cloud solution for the software portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand the impact of each project, available resources, and external drivers to appropriately prioritize and assign projects
- Enable the business by enabling high-priority projects which support JetBlue’s business objectives, and which leverage the technologies and systems composing IT’s cloud technology vision
- Strategize, define and own future state cloud architecture while reducing time to market in developing and managing cloud applications
- Manage, report and optimize the TCO in the cloud.
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
- Follow up and report out on project goals
- Develop and maintain cloud technology solutions and processes that will enable organization to scale, innovate, improve crew member and staff experience, and operate efficiently and effectively.
- Act as first point of contact for senior leadership regarding all cloud solutions
- Empower and inspire staff and members through education and the demonstration of impactful technology-driven solutions.
- Guide business units in the development of cloud strategy and establish policies and procedures for developing and supporting all cloud deployments
- Proactively, manage our security exposure and mitigate high risk by partnering with our CISO team and security operations team.
- Holistically own architecture, security, compute, dev ops and support of the new platforms in the cloud.
- Redesign processes and build the cloud solutions and infrastructure to enable staff to do their work with members and each other better, faster in scalable ways.
- Work in collaboration with all organization teams to identify opportunities for improve processes and innovate
- Ensure the tech products are appropriately adopted, and improved with teams’ input to deliver on organization’s mission
- Approve contracts and negotiate pricing with business partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities with a High School Diploma/GED and at least four (4) years of previous experience in cloud engineering
- Seven (7) years of management experience across application development, DevOps or cloud engineering
- Experience with industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, MSF, SEI, Agile Methods, RUP, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud based development environments and standards and automation
- Ability to strategically think about business initiatives with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience tackling tough issues, working across lines of difference, and creating inclusive environment to develop equitable practices
- Proven ability to engage others in a compelling, persuasive manner and build relationships around shared interest and beliefs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal skills, with an appreciation for confidentiality
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm
- Previous track record of managing multiple large-scale projects and managing change effectively in context of ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Experience developing and implementing organization-wide technological and digital strategies aligned with organizational mission
- Proven ability to perform in a collaborative, team-centric environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
- Available for occasional overnight travel (20%)
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A