The Manager Structures Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, engineering support, administrative and oversight of the Structures Engineering department in addition to their engineering duties.
- Develop customized procedures and special criteria for repairs, modifications, inspections, servicing and other maintenance actions, which are not adequately addressed in existing manuals
- Review and disposition Technical Directives (Service Bulletins, Service Letters, All Operator Letters, etc.) in accordance with the JetBlue Technical Directive and Evaluation Procedures
- Provide engineering support as required including root cause analysis and corrective action for the disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft and/or components so as to restore its serviceable status
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
- Establish build specifications for aircraft structural components.
- Review and action Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Coordinate with manufacturers and regulatory authorities as required and ensures engineering dispositions are properly substantiated in accordance with regulations and company manuals.
- Interact with all internal functions: Maintenance Programs, Reliability, Planning, Materiel, Maintenance, Quality, Technical Publications, Flight Operations, System Operations, etc.
- Develop technical data required for modifications/repairs of aircraft structures and related components. Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/repairs performed on JetBlue aircraft structures and components
- Initiate the action required to ensure that source documents affected by engineering actions are updated to reflect current data, configuration and accuracy
- Define and assign daily workload to qualified Engineers
- Responsible for the understanding, periodic reviewing, implementing , updating and currency of the Structures Engineering portion of the Maintenance Program
- Evaluate new methods, materials and equipment, which may provide cost benefits and takes action to incorporate justified changes.
- Prepare and/or approve engineering documents such as Engineering Orders (EO) and Engineering Authorizations (EA) to provide technical dispositions for repairs, modifications, inspection or other maintenance actions, which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Five (5) years Transport Category (121) aircraft maintenance, engineering quality, and/or relevant aerospace engineering experience.
- Familiar with Federal Aviation Regulations govening aircraft certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Project
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player
- Ability to take initiative and make sound judgments
- Ability to manage and coordinate aircraft modifications
- Ability to prioritize and track daily activities to ensure timely task completion
- Ability to prepare and present concise written, verbal reports and presentations
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A