At Honeywell E&I, our premier team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls.
- Lead cryogenic research projects and small teams of scientists and engineers in developing new concepts and new technologies for future products and services
- Translate customer requirements into product requirements to create overall system solutions
- Implement sample environments in support of laboratory experimentation
- Apply previous experience cryogenic devices to design and develop new systems and to perform low temperature laboratory experiments.
- Perform trade studies, write research reports, write project proposals, create project cost estimates, and assist with budgeting
- Support the design and development of integrated solutions with cryogenics being a key component
- Partner with Principal Investigator, Program Management, and Project Engineer for project execution
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in Physics or Engineering in low temperature cryogenic design, analysis, and experimental systems
- U.S. citizenship required to obtain and maintain government security clearance
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD degree
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze, operate, build, and test complex cryogenic systems for sample environments
- Proven track record of working with systems investigating fundamental physical phenomena particularly as applied to cryogenic systems
- Demonstrated experience with modeling, simulation tools, analytical techniques, and related fields (e.g., Matlab, Mathematica, COMSOL, SolidWorks)
- Recent track record of leading new technology development programs
- Experience leading or contributing to winning proposals with government funding agencies such as NASA, Air Force Research Labs, Office of Naval Research, etc.
- You must have strong organizational, leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers, partners, and colleagues
- Understanding of experimental design to gather the desired data
- Ability to identify a technical development need and the resourcefulness to address the need through a combination of research, analysis, and experimentation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A