Hotwire is not your typical company. To start with, we’re actually the Expedia Group and have a portfolio of brands that include Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Venere.com™, Hotwire®, Egencia®, and more. We offer flights, hotels, cars, and packages to travelers around the world. As a start-up, we revolutionized the travel industry, forever changing the way people travel. In the years since that time, we have grown our business to include more than 140 branded travel sites in close to 70 countries across the globe.
- Lead the Agile software development phases of various projects across Hotwire’s travel platform
- Manage a team of 5-10 software engineers of varying skill levels
- Actively mentor software engineers to help them progress in their careers
- Lead and/or participate in the recruiting and hiring of software engineers
- Ensure accurate technical design and quality standards are upheld
- Contribute to our technology road-map
- Optimize team constructs and agile development processes
- Interact with Hotwire’s Product Development, Marketing and Technology teams to ensure accurate coordination and implementation of development activities
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager with the ability to build a quality product.
- Experience working on cross-department efforts by communicating and negotiating with multiple teams to accomplish goals
- A technology enthusiast who would jump at the chance to lead a Software Development team building next generation features for our travel platform.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science, object-oriented design and development
- You are comfortable being part of a small, highly visible, tight-knit team and can collaborate closely with product managers, architects, designers and analysts to accomplish your goals.
- Proactive, attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver, and able to meet team goals.
- Strong leadership with ability to inspire and empower those around you
- 7+ years’ experience designing and developing highly scalable production quality software
- You excel at working in a fast-paced environment with like-minded software professionals in an agile product organization.
- You will own part of the product line, your staffing decisions, prioritization and the operational excellence of the platform.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A