As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing – whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough – because it’s clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you’ll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture – known as our orange spirit – is a real thing – and it’s people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
Provides a true Business Partner framework for both Operations finance and group financial control, ensuring that the business partners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. This role is the first line of defence for all accounting and control related matters and will be the key contact during internal and external audits.
- Drive confidence in the numbers recorded and communicate risks and opportunities to the business.
- Month end reporting and analysis.
- Development of holistic deep dives to provide oversight into cost creep areas
- Drives supplier, operational and finance process improvements for Operations finance
- Ability to build and lead a high-performing team who are focussed on providing accurate and robust accounting and controls, whilst providing insight to business partners
- Ownership of the financial accuracy of the P&L and Balance Sheet including balance sheet reconciliations and accounting judgements in areas of responsibility
- Producing quality monthly reporting on variances; variance analysis to budget, forecast and prior year; identifying key cost differences and drivers to provide to the business partners.
- People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Has responsibility for leading a team of finance professionals who are responsible for providing the first line of defence
- Deep understanding of knowing when to escalate issues and when to inform senior management of decisions being taken
- Ad-hoc projects.
- Helps identifies cost areas for review that serve as a catalyst for change by helping leaders and managers deliver successful change programmes that impact on the business.
- Prompts emergent risks and issues to drive strategic interventions and business action
- Providing strong leadership of the team as part of the Operations Finance team.
- Develops and delivers presentations to senior management regarding business performance and metrics that impact business outcomes.
- Ensures a robust control environment for Operations finance
- Supports reporting required for half year and full year guidance
- Creates timetable for Operations finance, in line with that issued by Group financial control, to ensure that all activities are produced in a timely manner and there are no surprises
- Supporting the annual audit process for areas of accountability including delivering key audit papers on areas of judgement to support all key accounting decisions.
- Leading and motivating the wider Finance department through effective cross functional (Intra Finance) relationships.
- Ensure accuracy of billing from suppliers and where necessary ensure that any errors are quickly identified and recovered.
- Supervise the input of new airports and ground handling rates and ensure any change in fuel suppliers and commodities are immediately captured to be able to account for these correctly.
- Ensuring the financial accuracy and consistency of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of operations finance; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies.
- Ownership of the ops finance inputs into cash and profit forecasting
- Reporting against all planning cycles including Budget, Outlook & 5YP
- Drive continuous improvement; actively engage in development of underlying reports, processes and systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent organisation and decision making skills; pro-active and enquiring mind-set.
- Strong knowledge of business strategy development, business process management, budgeting and business operations
- An understanding and experience of working in a European business preferred
- Proven experience in managing and developing talent to drive high performance
- Professional qualification in finance ACCA, ACA, CIMA or economics, or applicable discipline. Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a ‘business partner environment’, in same or similar EMEA or global organisation with multiple business units and diverse workforce. Aviation experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent ability to digest and interpret accounting complexity across balance sheet, cash flow and P&L
- Ability to communicate and effectively challenge stakeholders through influencing and building strong relationships at AMB level and below
- An ability to work on own initiative, taking minimal direction and offer solutions not problems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A