This role leads the Payments team which has group wide accountability for all matters related to Customer Payments and sits within the wider Treasury function and has 1 direct report, a Treasury/Payment analyst. The team is responsible for taking >£5bn of Customer Payment revenues through a number of sales channels including eCom and face to face (airport environments), and also provides payments expertise to easyJet Holidays.
The team works with a number of external stakeholders including acquiring banks, card schemes, technology providers, regulators and payment providers . Internally, the team work with every other area of the business in some form but primarily with Finance, Commercial and IT teams.
- Subject matter expert for customer payments providing insight and leadership to the business
- Lead payments related activities in various cross functional projects including alignment with easyJet Holidays
- Own the relationship with acquiring banks, payment processors (PSP’s) and card schemes ensuring that service provision is in accordance with contractually agreed terms.
- Lead RFI/FRP process for new relationships and services in relation to customer payments
- Produce business case assessments for new payment methods, improvements to payments experience, local market payments and drive ideas through to implementation
- Oversee resolution of issues – Prioritise, investigate and resolve issues in collaboration with cross functional partners and third party partners, as well as communicate impact and end results to senior management.
- Work with IT to identify problems to ensure functional processes work smoothly, with minimum disruption to customer experience, the operation and revenue.
- Design departmental procedures and guidelines; ensure all routine tasks/procedures are documented, revised as needed.
- Continuously assess user experience – Identify areas of potential poor user experience and work with relevant teams to improve. Translate operational issues to system and process requirements.
- Ensure EJ works to and adheres to Card Scheme rules. Review and where necessary change existing business processes where complex and inefficient or when service costs exceed commercial benefit.
- Attend industry forums with other airlines, on-line merchants, banks and card schemes. Objectives: information exchange/market data and intelligence and process review.
- Manage the Treasury Analyst – Payments, with key objectives of reducing merchant fee costs, increasing payment authorisation levels and improving customer experience
- Product owner for customer payments, providing leadership and direction to in-house and external IT teams to ensure business requirements are clearly met.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong presentation skills required both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to challenge whilst being able to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ideally will hold a formal treasury qualification
- Ability to deliver – drive and energy to achieve objectives with the ability to work well as part of a team and cover for other team members
- Must have exceptional communication skills, including interpersonal, negotiation, influencing skills, etc. In additional must have strong written communication skills
- Ability to find problems, formulate solutions and drive change. Creating an environment for continuous improvement across the team
- Ability to operate within strict banking and card scheme regulatory and legislative environment
- A true self- starter (and finisher), with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding and practical ‘hands-on’ experience of payments processes
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and capable of managing numerous work streams concurrently
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Proven Treasury, payments experience is essential
- Good organisational skills – structured approach
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methods and tools
- Experience of large fast paced Ecommerce environment essential
- Proven record of having a strong attention to detail in ensuring the solutions presented answer key objectives and are in line with the vision set
- Sound commercial judgement is essential
- Ability to communicate complex ideas very simply at all levels
- Ability to produce strategic thinking across multiple disciplines
- Ability to influence decision making at senior level
- Experience of leading large scale payments projects essential
- Experience of managing external relationships i.e. Payment Service Providers, Acquirers, Card Schemes, technology providers and regulators
- Experience of leading tender process for PSP’s, Acquirers, Payment Methods, Insurance, Technology
- Ability to manage upwards across a number of executive roles
- Experience of implementing process controls within a Payment environment
- High degree of numeracy
- Leader of people, with the ability to drive strong performance, develop talent and resolve performance issues
- Strong MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook and general computing skills
- Strong analytical ability to dissect issues and propose fixes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, Uk
Application Deadline: N/A