As Europe emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, easyJet is well placed to strengthen its leading position as a trusted brand offering value for money with an industry-leading network of primary airports. This time has taught us more about flexibility, balance and wellbeing – whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough – because it’s clear that our people and passion set us apart. When you fly with us you’ll see we have bags of passion for travel and getting you to your destination with the best experience possible. Working in our non-flying roles is no different and our culture – known as our orange spirit – is a real thing – and it’s people who love to work with fast paced, quick thinking and energetic people. You need to have resilience to work here (as recent events have shown) but the experience you gain is like no other.
- Holding vendors to account to ensure documentation meets easyJet’s architecture standards, aligns to the defined end to end solution, as well as meets its business functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with the Service Delivery team to define the support model for platforms and components in the end to end architecture
- Clear communication of the defined solution to the delivery and service teams (both in house and third party)
- Engaging with technical architects and other solution architects to understand and define the end to end solution architecture, outlining appropriate component responsibilities and boundaries, producing interaction diagrams explaining how the solution hangs together
- Identifying key areas of technical risk or complexity, proposing appropriate Proofs of Concepts (POCs) and spikes, working with stakeholders to curate a story backlog, and leading a team to gain hard evidence to influence the end architecture design
- Reviewing and assessing aspects of detailed design that deviate from the proposed solution architecture, published technical strategies, policies, standards etc.
- Ensuring key factors such as total cost of ownership, ongoing maintenance, a broad understanding of risk etc. are considered in the definition of the solution.
- Providing high level estimates for projects to facilitate prioritisation of demand and portfolio management
- Working with the programme solution architects, business analysts and business stakeholders to coordinate the collection of non-functional requirements for each component / platform in the end to end architecture
- Gaining an appropriately deep understanding of the technical solution for each component, steering key technology and design decisions, aligned to the relevant solution assurance processes
- Working with external parties, suppliers and internal members of the IT team and business units to research, define and document the systems architecture and high level designs for major new initiatives, primarily though not exclusively in the Commercial domain
Qualification & Experience:
- Integration with third party service provider / supplier APIs
- Experience of SOA, API Design and distributed architectures.
- Be confident in presenting solution architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audiences
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manne
- Practical experience of agile project delivery aligned to high quality solution architecture
- Active participation in a maturing architecture practice / community
- Demonstrable experience of designing high quality software solutions in line with business needs and timescales
- High degree of integrity, does what they say they will
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level, to all levels of the organisation
- Experience of designing/implementing solutions, including (desirable):Large, multi-technology, multi-vendor solutions, eCommerce platforms (ideally Hybris) Process orchestration, Airline operations systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A