Applicants must hold a current United States Coast Guard License (Motor vessels of any horsepower), Merchant Mariner Credential, VPDSD Endorsement or VSO, valid USCG Medical Certificate, valid Passport, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Acts as PIC (Person in Charge) of cargo watch.
- Attends all required classes required by STCW, ISM, ISPS and Chevron to maintain valid certificates of competency.
- Participates in and furthers company programs such as Behavior Based Safety, near miss reporting and Job Safety Analysis.
- Performs any other marine related duties as required by STCW, ISM and ISPS conventions and Chevron operational procedures to ensure the safety of the vessel, its crew and cargo.
- Performs deck maintenance work as directed by Chief Mate. Manages ordering and inventory of safety gear through the Chief Mate.
- Performs navigation and collision avoidance duties as Officer on Watch. Keeps captain advised of ETA’s/Traffic/Weather.
- Directs unlicensed deck personnel during watch standing, mooring and related cargo activities (connecting, tank cleaning, sampling, ballasting) and storing.
- USCG Third Mate Unlimited
- Advanced Firefighting Certificate
- VPDSD Endorsement or VSO
- Merchant Mariners Credential
- PIC-DL Endorsement (Advanced Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operation)
- GMDSS certificate
- Basic Safety Training
- Unlimited Radar endorsement / ARPA
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification credential (TWIC)
Qualification & Experience:
- revious sea time experience on product carriers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A