Chevron Property Tax Department is accepting online applications for the position of Property Tax Representative located in Houston, TX. Property Tax Representatives report to the Manager, Valuation. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in property tax matters is required.
- Negotiates tax settlements at all stages in the valuation assessment or appeal process.
- Timely preparation and completion of state and local property tax filings for multiple entities and states pertaining to oil and gas producing properties, commercial properties/office buildings, refineries, industrial plants, and pipelines. This involves working with other departments within the company to gather the required information, compile supporting documentation, and use of tax software in the preparation of the tax filings.
- Stays current with changes in business operations, regulatory requirements, and accounting system.
- Performs analysis of taxing authority assessed values, rules, regulations, laws and court decisions.
- Initiates appeals and legal challenges on valuations and regulatory issues as directed by Property Tax management.
- Collaborates with internal staff and industry tax committees in analyzing and developing action plans to address adverse state and local property tax regulations.
- Determines appropriate property tax valuation standards and identifies tax savings opportunities.
- Travels as necessary to participate in various property tax activities such as: field tours of company assets/sites, state/local assessment reviews, board/appeal hearings, and industry conferences.
- Ensures conformity of company property tax returns, payments and valuation procedures.
- Utilizes new technology and software to streamline and enhance processes, manage large data sets, and enhance analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a broad range of property tax matters including: tax filings, compliance and valuation matters, knowledge of various types of taxable properties and valuation methodologies, appeals, and negotiation of settlements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems data warehouse/business tools and be a highly competent computer/systems user.
- Hold certified professional designations such as: CMI from Institute of Professionals in Taxation, ASA, or other property tax designations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bryan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A