The role will also be responsible for all other quarterly and annual reporting, in particular leading on the preparation and review of the annual statutory accounts for the legal entity ‘Plusnet plc’. In addition the role plays an important part in the budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring our consolidated position reflects the latest assumptions, as well as managing the flow of information into other teams in the BT Group.
- Run the month-end process across Plusnet Finance, ensuring the team post journals on time and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly Plusnet reporting, including responsibility for working capital, balance sheet reconciliations and VAT submissions.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for Plusnet plc, including liaison with both Group Tax and external auditors.
- Consolidation of budgets and forecasts across Plusnet ensuring overall position is accurate and onward communication to Consumer and Group Finance.
- Be the Plusnet SME for the finance system, ensuring journals are posted correctly and onward consolidation to Consumer and Group is accurate.
- Work to continuously improve finance processes and systems across Plusnet to drive increased efficiency, accuracy and automation.
- Working closely with our offshore Shared Service resource, ensuring their time is used effectively.
- Preparation of working capital and cashflow forecasts and outlooks, working alongside the Finance team and Billing to produce an accurate monthly cash position.
- Management of Plusnet’s bank accounts and cashbooks.
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Excellent knowledge and broad experience in finance, covering a breadth of activities and best-in-class practices and policies ideally from a finance generalist or finance specialist role.
- Experience in preparation of statutory accounts and tax reporting.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure in a complex, fast paced matrixed business environment whilst maintaining very high levels of accuracy.
- Knowledge of finance systems (SAP preferable) and excellent Excel skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A