The Senior Manager, Group Risk is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the risk management framework to help our people make smart, informed decisions, take on the right risks and deliver the right results – a more valuable and resilient BT.
- Support and develop the risk management community in BT, helping them to engage with the framework, sharing best practice and being advocates of our risk culture
- Monitors and advises leadership on BT’s overall risk culture, owns centralised risk management-related communications.
- Establishes the processes that enable setting of BT’s risk management policies and requirements, in compliance with the UK Corporate
- Governance Code, legislation and best practice.
- Owns group risk governance and reporting – supporting the ExCo, Board Audit & Risk Committee, Board, Annual Report and Accounts/Form 20-F, Viability Statement.
- Work with ExCo owners of the Group Risk Categories to define risk appetite, identify and manage point and emerging risks, set the appropriate rules and related assurance to manage the risk.
- Support the CFU/CUs in their review, discussion, prioritisation, ownership, action and reporting
- Ensures compliance with UK Corporate Governance Code, and monitors external best practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally across large organisations with others involved in risk and assurance. Ability to communicate effectively externally to bring in outside thinking on risk and assurance.
- Experienced in design and implementation of risk management and assurance frameworks and tools including the Three Lines of Defence model.
- Significant experience in risk and assurance management in organisations commensurate with the scale and complexity of BT.
- Detailed understanding of external requirements in relation to risk management, in particular the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the value drivers of the business.
- Familiarity with risk management tools and techniques.
- Relevant professional qualification desirable, eg. Institute of Risk Management Diploma.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A