Aladdin is the enterprise investment platform used by BlackRock and our clients to manage trillions in holdings across multifaceted asset classes at locations around the world. The Platform Engineering team is tasked with developing our core technology platform including our messaging infrastructure, data services, developer tools and data science platform. Aladdin Studio is an ecosystem for integrating with, extending and collaborating on Aladdin. We combine comprehensive APIs, a rich data warehouse platform and elastic compute to democratize data and engage with developers internally and at our clients.
- Assist with refining our agile methodology
- Continue to automate build and deployment models to improve our development agility
- Work with API publishers and consumers to prioritize new features and user experience
- Improve our software through peer reviews, growing our automated testing capabilities and mentoring junior team members
- Find opportunities to improve the performance and stability of our API platform
- Increase the monitoring, telemetry and tracing capabilities of our platform
- Engage with the service messaging team to develop our future state service mesh and API roadmap
- Independent thinker capable of taking a project from concept to delivery
- 2+ years experience in software development with specific experience working in API first architecture.
- Experience working with an agile team
- Interpersonal skill to work across teams to understand platform needs and develop a strategic roadmap
- Desire for constant learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Awareness of current technology trends with specific focus on service mesh, API and telemetry
- REST, OpenAPI, gRPC, protobuff, Java, Go.
- Knowledge of security standards including OAuth, TLS etc.
- Passionate about open source technology
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A