This position is for a Software Engineer on Aladdin’s Platform within the Compliance development team. The team develops software that interacts with core trading applications and is a critical link in the investment process. Compliance ensures the investment decisions are in line with both client IMA and regulatory rules and that we are not exposed to any breach or market violation.
- Execute and communicate solutions.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation.
- Partner with other development teams to craft and build high quality reusable solutions.
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues while working with teams located across the globe.
Qualification & Experience:
- Financial knowledge and interest recommended, but not essential.
- Good attention to details and thoroughness.
- Strong programming skills following an agile methodology and test-driven approach.
- Understanding of distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies, such as Cassandra, and RESTful microservices architecture.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree – technical or engineering speciality preferred.
- 3+ years hands-on experience as a full stack Java engineer.
- Experience of Angular is helpful as there will be a considerable element of building UI solutions.
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as Sybase.
- Good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are a must as we are a distributed team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A